“Blessed are those who mourn, they will be comforted.” -Matthew 5:4
- Choose one issue, and fully acknowledge your pain and suffering. Don't try to minimize the pain or find a way to "make it go away."
Pray: “Father, I give You permission to teach me Godly grieving and take me through this grieving process. Thank You for Your promise that as I mourn, I will be blessed and comforted.”
- Freely communicate your suffering to the Lord.
Trust in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.” -Psalm 62:8
Activity: Write a letter to God describing how you feel.
- Know that He cares about your tears and sorrows. Cry out to the Lord for His help.
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying or pain; the first things have passed away.” -Revelation 21:4
Activity: Write down the ways you’ve tried to deal with your pain on your own.
- Continue talking to the Lord about your pain and seeking His help until you receive His direction.
Activity: Write a letter from God to you and let Him speak to you about how He wants to take you through this process.
- When He speaks, obey! You must be willing to follow however He directs you.
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivers him out of them all.” -Psalms 34:19
Be persistent! Don't stop this process until the Lord delivers you. Repeat this process as necessary, especially with other issues that need grieving.
*Note: For this tool to work well, only go through the Godly Grieving process with one issue at a time.